A patent is a kind of intellectual property right (IPR) which gives its owner the right to exclude others from making, using, selling, and importing his/her invention/work. A patent may include many claims, each of which defines a specific property right. A patent is, technically, a grant of protection for an invention.
There are three types of patents: design patents, utility patents, and technology patents.
In order for an invention to qualify for patent eligibility, the invention must be a “new and useful” process, machine, manufacture or product.
How to get Patent Registration in India?
Application needs to be filed to Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks, duly supported by necessary documents.
Brand Liaison helps in protection of IPR to the owners of all types of work. We are a team of qualified and experienced professionals who offer a complete registration services in India. For details, please check the Important Information given below.
Important Information - Copyright Back
What is not an Invention ( Not Patentable )
Under the Indian Patent Act, 1970, the following are not inventions within the meaning of the Act:
- An invention which is frivolous or which claims anything obviously contrary to well established natural laws;
- An invention the primary or intended use of which would be contrary to law or morality or injurious to public health;
- The mere discovery of a scientific principle or the formulation of an abstract theory;
- The mere discovery of any new property or new use for a known substance or of the mere use of a known process, machine or apparatus unless such known process results in a new product or employs at least one new reactant;
- A substance obtained by a mere admixture resulting only in the aggregation of the properties of the components thereof or a process for producing such substance;
- The mere arrangement or re-arrangement or duplication of known devices each functioning independently of one another in a known way;
- A method of agriculture or horticulture;
- Any process for the medicinal, surgical, curative, prophylactic or other treatment of human beings or animals or plants to render them free of disease or to increase their economic value or that of their products;
- Plants and animals in whole or any part thereof other than micro organisms but including seeds, varieties and species and essentially biological processes for production or propagation of plants and animals;
- A mathematical or business method or a computer programme per se or algorithms;
- A literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work or any other aesthetic creation whatsoever including cinematographic works and television productions;
- A mere scheme or rule or method of performing mental act or method of playing game;
- A presentation of information;
- Topography of integrated circuits;
- An invention which in effect, is traditional knowledge or which is an aggregation or duplication of known properties of traditionally known component or components;
- Inventions relating to atomic energy.
Please contact us for quick & smooth Patent Registration Services.